In summer, the watermelon diet is ideal for weight loss. It is efficient, easy to perform, and almost everyone likes the sweet taste of fragrant pulp. There are thousands of enthusiastic reviews about diets with impressive results. This is confirmed by photos before and after, because some lose a few kg. Losing weight in such an unusual way will definitely not be monotonous and boring if you make yourself a real balanced menu every day.
Benefits of watermelon for weight loss
Watermelon is a real storehouse of trace elements. Juicy sweet pulp contains a huge amount of mineral compounds (phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron) and vitamins A, B, E, PP, C. As for calories, fruits are considered dietary: 100 g does not contain more than 40 kcal. At the same time, the sugars contained in the pulp are completely processed in the body and are not stored in fat reserves. This is one of the main reasons why watermelon is so popular with those who lose weight. In addition to such a miraculous property, weight loss occurs for several other reasons:
- most of the pulp is occupied by water (about 85-90%) with dissolved minerals and vitamins;
- due to diuretic ability, excess fluid that stagnates in the body is actively released, thus reducing body weight;
- liquid removes toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds;
- improves cellular metabolism due to folic acid contained in the pulp;
- a feeling of satiety due to the sweet taste quickly appears.
The glycemic index of watermelon is 72 units, and 100 g of pulp contains only 5. 8 g of carbohydrates.
Principles of nutrition
Due to these abilities, watermelon quickly found application in weight loss. Based on that, diets were developed in 3, 5, 10 days. Nutritionists recommend getting fit once or twice a week, because it helps to lose a few pounds before a significant event. If you want to achieve more radical changes in weight, then you will have to adhere to a certain diet for at least a week. When the desired result is achieved, you must gradually and correctly leave the watermelon diet so that you do not experience weight gain.
The main principle of the watermelon diet is the diuretic effect. Daily fluid loss is 1 to 2 liters. You can lose 1-1. 5 kg every day, depending on your initial body weight, level of physical activity and lifestyle. However, we must not forget that weight loss on watermelons is a mono-diet, which means that during the day you may feel weak, slightly dizzy and drowsy. If the condition is only getting worse every day, and you feel that you do not have enough strength, but there is no rush of energy, then you have to end up losing weight.
Prohibited and permitted products
In addition to watermelon, other foods listed can be included in the daily diet:
- fresh and cooked vegetables;
- low-fat fermented milk products;
- lean fish;
- lean red meat;
- chicken breast, turkey;
- fruit, mostly unsweetened;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- whole grain bread;
- honey (in small quantities).
Of the banned foods, nutritionists advise to abandon:
- sausages, smoked meat;
- canned food;
- fast food products (hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, noodles);
- milk chocolate;
- carbonated beverages;
- Compotes, fruit drinks;
- pastries and white bread.
The diet should be varied, then you will feel great, there will be no weakness. You need to ingest about 1300-1500 kcal every day.
Rules of watermelon diet
Weight loss will be effective if you consider several factors and follow them flawlessly:
- Be sure to add protein to your daily diet. They will help maintain a feeling of satiety for a long time, and energy reserves will be replenished;
- drink at least 1, 5 liters of pure plain water. You can drink green tea or non-mineral water from the drink;
- give up harmful things: fast food, sweets are now forbidden to you;
- avoid consuming alcohol. Weight loss and alcohol are incompatible. Any drinks that contain alcohol, even in low concentrations, lead to worsening of hunger, water retention in the body;
- the maximum weight loss time on a watermelon diet should not be longer than 10 days. Then you have to take a short break, for a period of about a month. After the break, you can continue with the food.
The result of a watermelon diet can be from 2 to 6 kg in 7-10 days of use. In addition to the acquired harmony and the appearance of lightness in the body, you will be able to save money, because in the summer season, sweet fruit is sold at every turn and is cheap.
Note! One of the disadvantages of a diet with watermelon is the resulting lack of fat and protein.
Getting out of the diet
In order for the positive effect of the watermelon diet to last as long as possible, it is necessary to carefully get out of it. The restriction of food awakens a sharp appetite and craving for forbidden food. But here you have to show strength and not succumb to attraction. Nutritionist tips will help you avoid breakdowns and keep your figure in order:
- return to your usual diet gradually, slightly increase the portion size;
- in the early days eat cereals cooked in water, with the addition of butter and kefir with a fat content of 2, 5%;
- include bean and cereal pastes in your diet;
- increase the number of meals to 6-7 times.
But what can not be done in any case - to attack sweets, buns and other harmful products. Not only will you ruin the result, but you will also get a stomach ache.
You can follow the watermelon diet only when you are sure of your health and there is no reason to worry. You cannot limit your diet if you have the following problems:
- kidney stones;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- pancreatic diseases;
- liver disorders;
- heart disease;
- swelling of limbs and soft tissues.
The diuretic effect and the ability to increase sugar make the watermelon diet harmful to a certain category of people. You can't lose weight in this way for teenagers and children, as well as athletes and the elderly. Doctors do not recommend experimenting with the figure if you are in a position, especially in the later stages, or breastfeeding. Wait until the birth and breastfeeding phase is over and then you can start losing weight.
Nutritionist reviews and tips
- "If you regularly have problems with the digestive system, then such a diet will only create a lot of discomfort: constipation, bloating, abdominal pain will be more common. To rule out such negative consequences, do not engage in amateur activities, but seek the advice of your doctor. diseases in the initial stage passes without symptoms, and a diet of watermelon can make them worse. For any discomfort, stop losing weight and visit a therapist.
- "I can't say that the watermelon diet is healthy and will bring amazing results. Any weight loss, especially severe, is stressful for the body. Weight loss comes with a number of health problems, sometimes serious. My advice, if you decide to try to lose weightin this way, make your diet as varied as possible. Add vegetables, cereals, grains, white and red meat, exclude refined sugar and other useless light carbohydrates. Reduce portion sizes and exercise. These simple recommendations will have a positive effect on body weight and immediatelyyou will notice how you lose pounds.
Watermelon diet options
If you have no contraindications and you are mentally ready to lose weight with a watermelon diet, then first choose the right basic food - ripe watermelon. Only buy it in reliable places and wash it well before use. Nutrients and vitamins are found only in ripe fruits grown naturally, without the use of chemical fertilizers. There are 3 ways to lose weight: the express method for 3 days, a weekly diet and a 10-day option.
Menu in 3 days
The most common and easiest way to lose excess is to sit on a watermelon diet for 3 days. It is not difficult at all, and weight loss will be 2-3 kg. About 5-7 kg of watermelon pulp should be eaten per day. The norm is calculated based on your initial weight: for every 10 kg, 1 kg of pulp is needed. For example, your weight is 60 kg, which means you need to eat 6 kg of watermelon a day. In addition, your diet should include:
- breakfast: oatmeal cooked in water, a slice of whole grain bread, a cup of tea;
- lunch: 150 g of cooked chicken breast, a plate of vegetable salad;
- dinner: 150 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
Eat watermelon about an hour before meals. This will help fight hunger, so you will be satisfied with less food during lunch or dinner.
Attention! The last meal should be no later than 4 hours before bedtime. Do not eat watermelon at night: you will not sleep well, and by morning your whole face will be swollen.
Watermelon diet 7 days, scheduled every day
If you want to achieve significant weight loss, then the weekly option suggested in Table 1 is suitable for you.
|one||A plate of oatmeal, a soft-boiled chicken egg||200 g low-fat cottage cheese with fruit||Tomato and cucumber salad - 150 g, 100 g of cooked chicken breast|
|2||Fresh cheese pan - 150 g||120 g of cooked beef with 200 ml of broth||Vegetable soup - a plate, a slice of whole grain bread|
|3||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||150 g of steamed fish garnished with fresh vegetables||Chicken soup - 150 ml|
|4||150 g of low-fat cottage cheese||2 slices of whole grain bread with cheese||Soft boiled egg|
|five||A plate of buckwheat porridge with apples||130 g of steamed chicken fillet||Fruit salad with yogurt topping - 200 g|
|6||Rice porridge cooked in water -150 g||Fish baked in the oven - 150 g||200 g of small young cheese|
|7||a bowl of oatmeal in water||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||A couple slices of whole grain bread with cheese|
Before each meal and during it is necessary to eat a few pieces of watermelon. The daily norm is 5 kg, divide this amount evenly throughout the day. It is allowed to drink a cup of natural black coffee without sugar and milk or green tea during the day, no more than a couple of cups.
In 10 days
If you want, you can increase the watermelon diet by 10 days, but only if you feel great and have no health problems. The menu completely matches the diet for the weekly option, you can replace the products if you wish, but only with similar calories. If you follow the described scheme and eat 4-5 kg of watermelon a day for 10 days, then after the expiration of time you will be able to get rid of 6-8 kg.
Attention! With a 10-day watermelon diet, reduce physical activity, otherwise you risk "overloading" the body.
Results and reviews with photos of those who have lost weight
- In the summer I decided to experiment and try the watermelon diet in action. Homemade sweet fruit has just ripened in the garden. In general, I ate one small watermelon (weighing 4-5 kg) all week, but I ate vegetable salads, boiled chicken. way to dinner at 7pm A week later I stood on the scales and was pleasantly surprised. In 7 days I managed to lose almost 7kg. I decided to lose weight on watermelons every summer, I liked it.
- "The problem of excess weight worries me regularly, so I always look for appropriate methods for weight loss. I came across a watermelon diet, it seemed easy. I chose the option of 10 days. At first I liked everything: sweet pulp well suppresses appetite, quenches thirst. But on the fifth day, the watermelons were already full, I didn't want to eat them. I barely lasted 10 days, I measured. I managed to lose 6 kg in such a short time. days. "